NHTD is a program created to offer individuals with disabilities and senior citizens a way to reside in the community. The NHTD program offers a wide range of special services that help individuals in their daily lives.
In order to receive service coordination a person must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years of age or older
- Eligible for nursing home level of care
- Eligible for Medicaid coverage for community-based long term care
How do I get involved in the NHTD program?
An individual interested in this program must first contact the Regional Resource Development Specialist (RRDS) assigned to the region in which you reside. RRDS will assist you in selected a service coordinator agency. If the Arc is selected a Service Coordinator will be assigned to assist you in apply for the NHTD waiver program and the development of an Service Plan.
What to expect from your Service Coordinator:
- Will help you decide which supports and services you will need to help you return to the community or remain in the community
- To assist in the development and monitoring of the individualized service plan
- Promotes activities which will increase his/her independence and life satisfaction
- Assist with integration in the community of his/her choice
- To assist with ensuring benefits are maintained
- Helps in increasing his/her productivity and participation in meaningful activities
- Assist in arranging for daily living supports and services to meet his/her need