CollegeWorks is on the web!
Visit www.mycollegeworks.org for more information on the program and applying.
WHAT IS CollegeWorks?
• A college-based collaborative program between The Arc, Oneida-Lewis and Mohawk Valley Community College.
• Two-year, non-degree, non-credit, vocational program on a college campus.
• Educates and trains students on numerous career tracks for job placement.
• Teaches students (classroom and community experiences) necessary soft skills for employment and social success.
• Off-campus housing is an option (Utica site only) within walking distance of campus.
• Summer Exploratory presents an opportunity for students to experience what CollegeWorks offers.
WHO ATTENDS CollegeWorks?
People with developmental disabilities (18 years old and older) wanting to attend a vocational transition program and have a full college experience.
WHERE IS CollegeWorks LOCATED?
MVCC Utica campus
MVCC Rome campus
WHAT ARE THE PERKS OF BEING ON A COLLEGE CAMPUS?
MVCC student ID when enrolled in CollegeWorks
Student activities (except for student congress & team athletics)
ARE DORMS AVAILABLE?
The CollegeWorks program has two off-campus residences, located in Utica, for students who want to attend college while living away from home. These dorm-like settings support students as they learn skills to prepare them for independent living. Each student has their own room while enjoying communal living with support from staff.
HOW IS CollegeWorks FUNDED?
Students must be Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) eligible with Medicaid waiver services.
Director of CollegeWorks