WHAT IS CollegeWorks?
• A college-based collaborative program between The Arc, Oneida-Lewis, and Mohawk Valley Community College. CollegeWorks classes are held at MVCC (Utica or Rome campus).
• Two-year, non-degree, non-credit, vocational program on a college campus.
• A program that educates and trains students on numerous career tracks for job placement.
• Teaches students (classroom and community experiences) necessary soft skills for employment and social success.
• Off-campus housing is an option (Utica site only) within walking distance of campus.
• Summer exploratory presents an opportunity for students to experience what CollegeWorks offers.
WHO ATTENDS CollegeWorks?
People with developmental disabilities (18 years old and older) wanting to attend a post-secondary program attend a post-secondary program with a full college experience that may lead to employment.
WHERE IS CollegeWorks LOCATED?
MVCC Utica campus
MVCC Rome campus
WHAT ARE THE PERKS OF BEING ON A COLLEGE CAMPUS?
CollegeWorks students receive an MVCC Student ID.
Access to student activities (except for student congress & team athletics).
Access to student clubs.
ARE COLLEGE DORMS AVAILABLE?
The CollegeWorks program has off-campus residences located in Utica for students who want to attend college while living away from home. These dorm-like settings support students as they learn skills to prepare them for independent living. Each student has their own room while enjoying communal living with support from staff.
IS THERE TUITION FOR CollegeWorks?
Students must be Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) eligible with Medicaid waiver services. No private pay options are available at this time.
For more information: